Welcome to Altruism 2.0
Thank you for signing up for Friends in Deeds!
Keep up the awesome,
The Friends in Deeds Team
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Welcome to NYU Favors Exchange! You are now part of a community which promotes the offering and requesting of favors as a way to get things done - but put your wallet away, because we?re here to MAKE FRIENDS, NOT CUSTOMERS. Now you don?t necessarily have to give something back when you make a request, but make sure you?re not just offering things with the expectation of being rewarded either. We try to keep it easy around here, but there are a few ground rules:
1. No financial requests.
2. No custom artwork or design on request. (Though the offering of artwork or design is encouraged)
3. We do not pad your numbers. (This means we will not watch your video, like your page, vote for you, etc.)
4. No referrals or invites.
5. No ditch digging. (Requests for others to perform tasks that require no skill, knowledge or experience is not considered to be a favor. We are not free labor.)
Posts related to the following criteria will be reviewed on a case by case basis:
1. Joke posts and posts not containing a concrete offer or favor.
2. Surveys. (Can not be for financial gain of the poster or result in potential harm to users. Will be assessed on a complaint basis / It’s probably better if you message us beforehand.)
Remember, it always helps to provide some context! Nobody likes being treated like statistics, cattle, or customers, and if your post gets reported for a violation of the above rules, don?t be surprised to see it removed. Exceptions will not be granted after removal. If you are unsure as to whether or not your post fits within the rules, just ask before you post! These rules are not letter-of-the-law, but to illustrate the spirit of our moderation and provide guidance on marginal cases.
Feedback of any kind is always welcome! Feel free to message us at any time or report any violations you see. Happy trails!